Saturday, April 22, 2006

the beginning

I've got my fresh copy here. After the meeting on Friday, I stopped at 1/2 price books and found a decent paperback copy (they had no hardbacks, grr!). So I've got the lovely light purple 0446310786 to read from and annotate. Set in something similar to Times, 9 or 9.5. Should be a comfortable enough read. Do you guys have your copies yet? I know some of you are rogue-reading, not officially part of the blog attempt. And we may have one or two who haven't signed up yet who want to be a part.

I'm officially going to start tomorrow night. I've got one more chapter of the Hobbit left. Has anyone started yet besides K-diddy? And, if so, state your progress. Check out moby to see how the process works.

As far as a finish goal, lets try for the beginning of June-ish?

6 Comments:

Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

I'm just curious, but how many of you are reading this for the first time and how many are re-reading it?

10:41 AM  
Blogger scott said...

As far as I know, Degolar is the only Mockingbird virgin..

11:53 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I've never read it, either...but I've already encountered that weird thing that happens when you start a book that suddenly everything around you is about the book...I saw Capote the other night--I had no idea that Harper Lee played such a big part...and then last night at a dinner party, the conversation kept bouncing between In Cold Blood and Mockingbird...I didn't say anything (which is weird in itself ;)

I'll get my copy shortly; Mid-June for a finish sounds good to me.

12:31 PM  
Blogger edh said...

I bought my copy today... it was almost like going back up to the teacher's desk and picking out my copy for the next unit :) Only this time I didn't have to sort through the copies to find one that was in fairly good shape; there were no creases or broken spines in sight. I'm going to start later tonight.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Degolar said...

I've got mine checked out and am gathering momentum to start. Taking that first step is always the hardest part. And, yes, I've never read it.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Hadrian said...

I purchased my fine hardback copy just today. Like Scott I was chagrined to find none at Half-Price books, so I bit the bullet and paid full price. If I'm going to buy it, I might as well buy a good copy. Oh, and I have read it before, but it has been somewhere in the neighborhood of two decades, so it should be somewhat fresh for the re-read.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home